- 2015 – J.D. Power Initial Quality Study – Chevrolet Silverado LD
- 2015 – J.D. Power APEAL Study – GMC Sierra HD
- 2015 – J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study – Chevrolet Silverado HD
- 2014 – J.D. Power Initial Quality Study – Chevrolet Silverado HD
- 2014 – J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study – GMC Sierra HD
- 2012-2015 – Michigan Neighborhood Environmental Partners Program Award
- 2011 Motor Trend Truck of the Year – Chevrolet Silverado HD
- 2007 – J.D. Power Best In Segment – Chevrolet Silverado HD Classic
- 2006 – UAW-GM Health & Safety Audit – Zero “Needs Improvement” score five consecutive years
- 2006 – J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award – Chevrolet Medium Duty
- 2005 – J.D. Power Best In Segment – GMC Sierra HD
- 2001 Motor Trend Truck of the Year – Chevrolet Silverado HD
Welcome to Flint
Opened in 1947 as part of the post-World War II automotive boom, Flint Assembly has been home to some of General Motors’ most iconic vehicles. The first 300 Chevrolet Corvettes were hand built at this site. The 50 millionth GM vehicle, a gold Chevrolet Bel Air, rolled off the line. All told, more than 13 million cars and trucks have been produced here. In recent years, the plant has been home to GM’s award-winning, heavy-duty pickups, vehicles that epitomize the very people who assemble them. Hard working. Reliable. Dedicated to satisfying our customers.
Flint Plant News
Chevy Silverado is teaming up with professional rodeo stars Tuf Cooper, Fallon Taylor, Richmond Champion, Luke Branquinho and Travis Graves, now known as Team Chevy Rodeo.
The historic Durant-Dort Factory One will be converted into an archive and research center as part of a renovation project connecting the site’s rich manufacturing history with ongoing developments in the automotive industry.
General Motors’ oldest assembly plant in North America, a popular destination for pickup truck customers who want to watch their vehicles being built, will undergo transformation in the coming years.
Flint Assembly has been home to many milestones since it opened in 1947 and on Aug. 11 the assembly plant will open its doors to celebrate a company milestone no other automaker has come close to achieving.
Seven General Motors facilities are being recognized by the State of Michigan for ongoing efforts to improve the environment and quality of life in their communities.